Apply for this Course – Certificate in Medical Qigong
Who can apply
This course is specifically designed for qualified practitioners of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Practitioners must have a good theoretical grounding in TCM and wish to expand their range of therapeutic options to include Medical Qigong.
If you are unsure about whether you wish to apply for a Qigong or a Medical Qigong programme please go do our TCM and its Branches page where this is explained in some detail.
The Cert.MQG is open to
- graduates and current students of the ICTCM holding or studying for a Lic.TCM
- well qualified Acupuncture TCM practitioners with a thorough grounding in all the underpinning theory of TCM who have successfully completed an Acupuncture clinical programme that is on a par with the Licentiate.
Applicants must have:
- Good theoretical knowledge of TCM.
- Clinical competence in TCM diagnostics.
- Clinical experience and the ability to communicate with and treat clients in their current TCM specialism
- A good command of English. (Familiarity with the main TCM terminology in Pinyin will be an advantage but not a requirement)
- Applicants will be required to provide proof of their TCM practitioner status and qualifications.*
However, where entry to our Medical Qigong courses are concerned, there are other requirements than the person’s academic and professional Acupuncture TCM background which need to be met. As MQG training requires patience, steadfastness and, as our Director (who practices Qigong every day) sometimes puts it, “An iron will”, only those who show the required attitude, commitment and maturity will be accepted.
Additionally applicants should not be practising Qigong or related techniques or disciplines without a teacher.
It should be noted that we cannot consider applications, for any of our part time courses, from overseas students needing a Student Visa.
How to apply
Those interested in pursuing postgraduate study of Medical Qigong must initially attend one of the ICTCM’s introductory Qigong workshops in Health Promoting Qigong and discuss the options with a member of the MQG faculty who will assess their suitability. This may require attendance at more than one Health Promoting Qigong event.
If a person is deemed suitable the normal application procedures then apply.
Complete the Application Form obtainable, with a full Prospectus pack, from The College Secretary. This must be sent, with a covering letter and passport-sized photograph, to the College Registrar either by post or as email attachments.
The postgraduate MQG Application Form can also be reached here.
You must provide, on the application form and accompanying letter or email:
- As much detail as possible about your reasons for wishing to apply.
- Honest and inclusive information about yourself including your educational, medical and occupational background.
- In particular we require full details of your prior Acupuncture and TCM qualifications, and experience as an Acupuncturist or TCM Practitioner to date.
- The name, postal address, email address and telephone number of 2 people who know you well and can vouch for your character, your current TCM qualifications and training and can comment on your suitability to undertake further education and training (postgraduate Diploma or Certificate level).
- proof of your qualifications and professional status.
The College has an equal opportunities policy. People who study Chinese Medicine at the Irish College of TCM come from all walks of life, from many different countries and from a wide variety of backgrounds. Each person is considered on his/her own merits and according to whether they meet the requirements of entry to the programme set out above.
References are taken up for all applicants and interviews are generally offered to those who meet the requirements for entry to a given programme, as described above, in order to ensure that this programme will meet your professional training requirements. You will also get an opportunity to see the College and its adjacent Teaching Clinic.
Selection will be based on evidence of the applicant meeting the entry requirements of the course, and their suitability for the course based on references and interview.
Detailed information on course venue, dates, times and all other relevant particulars are provided once a place has been accepted.
Diploma in MQG
Who can apply
Only those who have successfully completed the Certificate in MQG and been advised that they are suitable to continue to the next level.
The first step in applying for a postgraduate Medical Qigong course is to attend the next Health Promoting Qigong weekend.