Course Structure of the Acupuncture Training – Lic.TCM
Length: 3 academic years.
Mode of Attendance: Part time – this is an intensive part-time course.
Location: The College and Teaching Clinic are based in Dublin 3.
The next start date is 7 & 8 October 2023.
- The First and Second years run from September/October to July.
- The Third (Clinical) year normally begins in September.
Details of Attendance requirements
First and Second year:
- Weekends only.
- Unlike other institutes, the ICTCM ensures that all teaching sessions are held only on Saturdays and Sundays.
- There are twelve main TCM teaching weekends each year.
- The majority of the first and second year teaching is theoretical and is conducted via Zoom, making the course more accessible to those living a long way from Dublin.
- Approximately 30% of the teaching sessions are held in our College in Dublin and focus mainly on the development of practical point location and other hands-on skills.
- The normal teaching day is from 9.00 to 17.00 on Saturday and Sunday. This better enables adults who have work and home commitments to undertake training for a new profession while meeting their current responsibilities.
- The Western Medicine Module is held on a different Saturday, for the first six months of the first year. Students attend for 3 hours on a Saturday morning, once a month via Zoom.
Students are required to attend all the teaching sessions in person, including those run via Zoom.
Clinical Year (Third Year):
- In the Clinical year there are more teaching weekends to meet the hours requirement for Acupuncture training.
- Clinical Training weekends are run fortnightly during the first six months of the Academic year, and require attendance in person at the College’s Teaching Clinic in Dublin.
- Additional theoretical modules and project assessments are run via Zoom.
There are home study and assignment requirements throughout the programme.
The amount of study time needed to successfully complete the coursework varies from person to person. Applicants who are called to interview will be individually advised about this by one of our experienced senior teachers.
Open-learning modules, point location sessions and clinical workshops are made available from time to time if required. The 100% attendance rule does not apply to such extra sessions.
Full details of the Lic.TCM syllabus are available on the following 3 pages: