Course Structure of the Acupuncture Training – Lic.TCM
Length: 3 academic years.
Mode of Attendance: Part time – this is an intensive part-time course.
Location: The teaching and Clinical Training all takes place in Dublin.
The next start date is early October 2021.
- The First and Second years run from October to July.
- The Third (Clinical) year runs from September to July.
Details of Attendance requirements
This information has been updated to reflect the changes in our programme which have been made during the Covid-19 pandemic to keep our students and staff safe. These changes are shown in green.
- Weekends only.
- Unlike other institutes, the ICTCM ensures that all teaching sessions are held only on Saturdays and Sundays.
- There are twelve main TCM teaching weekends in each of the first two years, approximately every 3 or 4 weeks.
- The normal teaching day is from 9.00 to 17.00 on Saturday and Sunday.
- This enables adults who have work and home commitments to undertake training for a new profession while meeting their current responsibilities.
- These sessions are being held via Zoom.
- The Western Medicine Module is held on a different Saturday, for the first six months of the first year. Students attend for 3 hours on a Saturday morning, once a month via Zoom.
Students are required to attend all these teaching sessions.
- In the Clinical year there are more teaching weekends to meet the hours requirement for Acupuncture training.
- These are fortnightly during the first six months of the Academic year, and are approximately monthly thereafter.
- The Practical Clinical modules have been deferred and the theoretical modules and assessments are being run via Zoom.
Open-learning modules, point location sessions and clinical workshops are made available from time to time. The 100% attendance rule does not apply to such sessions.
There are home study and assignment requirements.
The amount of study time needed to successfully complete the coursework varies from person to person. Applicants who are called to interview will be individually advised about this by one of our experienced senior teachers.
Full details of the Lic.TCM syllabus are available on the following 3 pages: